New York Insurance Discounts
We may argue over the best slice of pizza in town, but New Yorkers can agree on whoвЂ™s got smart insurance coverage at smarter prices.
Save on Quality Coverage in a New York Minute
Auto Insurance Discounts
From the Five Boroughs up through Watertown, Albany across to Buffalo, Farmers Auto discounts have NY covered. Learn about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great Auto insurance in New York.
Discounts for the Family
Distant Student – Farmers can reduce your auto insurance premium if your child goes to school at least 100 miles away from your home, and doesnвЂ™t have regular access to the covered car.
Multi-Car – Earn an additional rate discount when you cover more than one vehicle on the same Farmers Auto policy.
Teen Driver – If youвЂ™ve had a Farmers Auto policy for at least 2 years and want to add your teenage child or grandchild to your policy, weвЂ™ll discount your rates.
- Bundle Discounts – New Yorkers can bundle their Farmers policies and save with multi-policy discounts. Protect all of your important investments with Farmers Auto and any of the following policies and you may save on great comprehensive coverage:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
Planning Ahead Discounts
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – Pay your premiums with our Automatic Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and we can discount your rate.
Homeowner – New York policyholders are eligible for an additional discount if they own their home.
Pay In Full – Reduce your rates when you pay your entire term premium in one lump sum.
Good Student – Students who keep their grades up in school are eligible for a discount on their auto insurance. This discount applies to any of the following:
- Accident Prevention – Successfully complete a state-approved Defensive Driving course and present your certificate to earn this safe-driving discount! Available to drivers of all ages, this discount is valid for 36 months, so if youвЂ™ve finished a course recently, please let us know.
- High school student with at least a B average
- College student with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean’s List or Honor Roll student
- Student ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
Defensive Driving Discounts
Anti-Theft – Protect your vehicle with car alarms, or similar anti-theft devices, and weвЂ™ll discount your Auto insurance rates.
Daytime Running Lights – Vehicles with daytime running lights are significantly easier to spot on the road and help improve driver visibility too. ThatвЂ™s why, in New York, having them in your vehicle makes you eligible for an additional Auto insurance discount.
Homing Device – Vehicle recovery devices like LojackВ® can help find your car if itвЂ™s stolen, which is why Farmers discounts your rates if you use a qualified homing system.
Passive Restraint – Automatic seat belts and air bags are installed in almost every modern car in the country because theyвЂ™ve been proven to save lives and reduce injuries in an accident. ThatвЂ™s why Farmers discounts your rate if your car is installed with them.
VIN Etching – Etching your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) in your windshield, glass, and other required areas is a great way to prevent car theft and helps in recovering your vehicle if it or any part of it is ever stolen. Farmers discounts your premium rates if you choose VIN etching.
- Anti-Lock Brakes – This discount rewards drivers who choose vehicles with factory-installed Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS).