What is the meaning of loan
A Margin Loan allows you to borrow to invest in growth assets, such as shares and managed funds, meaning you can increase your investment opportunities more than if you were using only your own funds.
Features you can add to your Margin Loan
Combine Exchange Traded Options with your Margin Loan
Exchange Options Plus allows you to combine a number of options strategies using Exchange Traded Options (ETOs). Depending on your circumstances, ETOs can form part of your overall investment strategy to create wealth and protect your share portfolio under your Margin Loan or Investment Funds Multiplier.
Benefits of Exchange Options Plus:
- Protect your securities from a potential drop in price
- Increase the amount you have available to invest by borrowing up to 95% of the exercise price
- Earn additional income from the securities you hold
- Buy call options using the available funds on your margin loan
Instalment Plus combines two investment strategies: borrowing to invest, and regular investing. By implementing a regular savings and investment plan you can progressively build an investment portfolio.
Benefits of Instalment Plus:
- Buy through the ups and downs of the market
- You may be able to buy at a lower average price if the overall price is trending upward
- Progressively build an investment portfolio
Combine short selling with your Margin Loan
Short Plus allows you to implement a short selling strategy, using your Margin Loan to borrow the shares. Depending on your circumstances, short selling can form part of your overall investment strategy to create and protect wealth in a falling market.
Benefits of Short Plus:
- Profit from a falling security price
- Continue to trade and potentially profit from a bear market
- An alternative hedging strategy to warrants or options
- Pursue a long/short or pairs trading strategy so you can potentially profit on both sides of the trade
- Potentially earn interest on your short selling collateral, helping offset other interest costs associated with your margin loan
Earn Qantas Points with Leveraged
Benefits of Rewards Plus:
- Enjoy the benefits of membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program
- Earn Qantas Points to redeem on flights, flight upgrade awards, products from the Qantas Store, hotels, wine and more
You earn Qantas Points based on your loan balance. The table below shows you how many Qantas Points you could potentially earn using Rewards Plus. This is valid for accounts opened after 1 August 2016.